Pages

Thursday 21 August 2014

Throwback Thursday - University Research






WGSN Research 


Colour Research



Vintage Lingerie 




Today I thought I'd share with you some of the most inspiring pages from my university sketchbooks. As much as I love blogging about fashion and style, I have a deeper love for research and artistic inspiration, so I hope you will enjoy this as much as I do!

Many of the above images were for a project that I called 'Alter Ego'. The research was based around deformations in the body and how people have perceived the human body through art and design. 
Early inspiration for this project came from life drawing classes while I was in school. 
As much as I enjoyed the drawing I would always think of other artistic ways to interpret what I saw.

As a fashion design student, I took on the challenge of manipulating the human body, using this research, to create something completely different, complimenting problems that occur in the human body, to many of the planets population. It has always been something that fascinates me.

Other pages came as styling and colour ideas. The vintage underwear and 90's styling is something that ran through a lot of my research. It gave the completely strange ideas I had, some grounding, made them seem a little more realistic. 

Some of the images are also taken from the WGSN website, which I was absolutely addicted too while I was at university. They always had really quirky explanations and imagery for where their inspiration came from. This is what inspired me to dig a little deeper when looking for content for my research. 

How many of you are inspired by the weird and wonderful?
Let me know your inspirations :)









No comments:

Post a Comment